- 8:30 Students welcomed into building (Students may also go to breakfast at this time)
- 9:00 School Begins
- 3:35 Dismissal
Hours of Operation
- Student: 9:00- 3:35
- Breakfast: 8:30- 8:55
- Teacher: 8:30- 3:45
- Office: 8:15- 4:15
At Armstrong, transportation is provided by the families. We have made arrival and dismissal procedures as safe and quick as possible. To promote safety in our building and on school grounds, each student will receive 1 lion pick up tag. This is for identification and child safety for afternoon dismissal procedures. We ask for your cooperation in using the car tags. If you misplace your tag, please inform your child's teacher so you may receive a replacement. Cars that do not have the lion tag will need to have their I.D. verified through the office. You will need to park on one of the side streets and go into the office via the front door.
- School doors open at 8:30AM
- Staff members will greet students at the main front door and kindergarten annex back door
- Parents who want to visit the building must use the main front door and sign in at the main office to obtain visitor's pass
- The School Age Program begins at 6:00AM. Students will use the front side cafeteria door.
- Double parking is not allowed.
- Please remain in your cars unless you have parked on a side street.
- For safety reasons, students are not allowed to cross the streets by themselves.
- Parents park on Algonquin Road.
- Teachers will dismiss your students at the kindergarten garden gate.
- Please make sure you have child's name tag in hand to show the teacher.
First and Second Grade
- Parents park on Algonquin Road and should wait in the grass field area.
- Teachers will dismiss your students to you from the kindergarten annex back door.
- Please do not block the sidewalk or blacktop.
- Please be mindful of the dismissal area and limit conversation time.
- Teachers will dismiss students from the front center doors.
- Teachers will dismiss students from the far left front doors.
- Teachers will dismiss students from far right front doors.
Daycare & School Age Program
- Please let your child's teacher know if they will be attending a Daycare or the School Age Program.
- Siblings and carpool groups may use the carpool pick up line.
- Teachers will dismiss students to the cars from the cafeteria back door after visual contact of the rear view mirror tag.
- Please stay in you cars to keep the line moving.
Changes in Dismissal
- Any changes in your child's dismissal requires a note to the teacher or a call to the office in advance.
- Visitors meeting with a teacher or administrator between 8:00-9:00AM and 2:30-3:30PM must park on the side streets.
- Please do not block driveways. You may be ticketed by the Hampton Police Department.
The white envelopes that come home every Monday are one way of reporting your child's progress. There are also progress reports that come home in the middle of every nine weeks, as well as report cards at the end of each nine weeks. If you have a question about your child's progress, please do not hesitate to contact your child's teacher. Contact information may be found on the staff page. Teachers are more than willing to schedule a time for you to come in. Teachers are also required to hold a minimum of two conferences a year with parents. If you are scheduled for a conference and are unable to keep your appointment, please call the office or contact the teacher to reschedule. Prior to attending your conference, please be sure to stop in at the office to obtain a visitor's pass.
School Visitation Procedures
We love to have parents, family, and guardian visitors, however, we have to make sure that we maintain a safe environment for our students. When visiting the school, please come into the office through the front middle doors for a visitors pass.
All Hampton City School employees are required to wear their HCS badge. Substitutes are given a temporary badge to wear while they substitute. Temporary badges are also given to student teachers to wear during their student teaching experience.
Inclement Weather Procedures
When inclement weather arises, school representatives will assess the roads to see if they are safe for busses to travel on. If the decision is made to close the schools or to have a delay, selected television and radio channels are immediately notified. If you are not sure whether or not there is school due to inclement weather, you may call the Hampton City School's INFO-Line at (757) 727-6789. Please do not call the school directly, as the office may not be open.