SHS Music Awards Banquet:
San Diego Pride Youth Marching Band:
San Diego Pride Youth Band Members and Interested Members,
It's time again to start thinking about the San Diego Pride Youth Marching Band! The purpose of this message is to:
1. Ask you to sign up on this year's list
2. Inform you about rehearsals and events for this year's band
3. Encourage you to ask others to get involved with our group
Have you been wondering how you can make a difference in our crazy world? Join the band! Really—being a part of this group is a way that you can be a powerful part of the cause!
We are starting fresh this year with a new list. You are probably receiving this email because you signed up in a previous year. To keep receiving information for this year, you will need to sign up here, as you once did: https://sdpride.org/youthband/
This year's dates:
* Sunday, April 7, 3:00-5:00 p.m., Pt. Loma H.S. Band Room: Rehearsal to prepare for:
* Friday, April 19, 5:00 p.m. meet time, Out at the Park performance, Petco Park
* July 9 & 11, 5:00-8:30 p.m. Rehearsals, we anticipate at Madison H.S.
* Friday, July 12, 5:15 p.m. meeting time, Stonewall Rally, Normal St. and University Ave.
* Saturday, July 13, 8:30 a.m. meeting time, Pride Parade
Note that the April dates are not "required," but we would love as much participation as possible as your schedule allows.
All of us need to take part in building the band for this year’s parade and other events. Who do you know that should be joining us in the band? Individual contact is the best recruiting method, so think about who you need to personally invite to our first rehearsal! Talk to them, forward this email, and consider printing the attached flyer and posting it in your band room. Remember that all high school and college band members are invited to join our group! And make sure they sign up via the link on the SD Pride site above.
Pride Youth Band Rehearsal/Social
Sunday, April 7
Band Room at Pt. Loma High School
2335 Chatsworth Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92106
Go here<http://www.pointlomahigh.com/PLHS_site%20plan.pdf> for a campus map
The band room is in building 900 near the softball field. You can park in the lot next to Clove St.
We look forward to another amazing year!
Pride Youth Marching Band Coordinator
San Diego LGBT Pride
SD Pride Office: 619-297-7683
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
July 13 - 15, 2018
Fostering Pride in and Respect for all Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, communities locally, nationally, and globally.