Information for Presenters: Step 1
Step 1: Understanding the Education Expo & Submitting a Proposal
During this program, you are introduced to several education concepts, some of which really draw your interest. In the process of completing assignments and projects, you may not have the time to deepen your study of an area of interest or passion. The Education Expo is your opportunity to delve into an area of interest, and to share your passion with others. The Education Expo is about you, or you with a small team of your cohort members, delving into that interest or curiosity; becoming a bit of an expert on the topic; and presenting.
There are two formats available for the Expo:
- Stations (We will have a lot of these)
Station/Booth: The format is expected to appear much like a Science Fair or a Home and Garden shows, with a representative from each team presenting at a team station. Each station will have a 10 - 15 minute interactive presentation for participants.
2017, 2018, 2019: Stations & Presentations
Presentation: In a classroom. For those wishing to offer hands-on and interactive workshops. Students will present one - 60 minute session. Participants will sign up for the sessions.
This video provides some information on next steps for presenters.
- 8:30 - coffee and mixer and presentation sign-up
- 9:00 - Intro
- 9:15 - move to presentation 1
- 9:30 - Presentation 1
- 10:30 - Break and start of Stations
- 12:30 - Lunch (Continue stations?)
- 1:15 - Prize draw one and move to presentation 2
- 1:30 - presentation 2
- 2:30 - Event close and final draw
- 2:45 - Clean-up
- You will propose two possible topics.
- You need not work with partners or teams, but it is recommended for the stations (as you will take turns running the stations and being participants at other stations).
- Please note that interest trumps teams in this event. You will be spending a lot of time and energy on this event. Please do not choose a topic based on folks with-which you wish to work. Go for what interests you first, then decide if a team is desirable.
- Presentation topics from 2017: http://edexpo.weebly.com/2017-presentations.html
- Presentation topics from 2018: http://edexpo.weebly.com/what---presentations.html
- Station topics from 2017: http://edexpo.weebly.com/2017-stations.html
- Presentation topics from 2018: http://edexpo.weebly.com/what---stations.html
- See more on topics for 2019 below
Interest Trumps Teams
The old meaning of "Trump" ("a decisive overriding factor"...also called a trump card), not the guy who is currently President of the U.S.
What is different for 2019?
The Pro D Committee at SD69 has requested:
- Anything with G Suite (Classroom, Draw, Drive,...)
- Anything Tech
- Social Justice
- Indigeonous Topics
- But... please do not be limited by this. If your interest is in Movement in the Social Studies Classroom... then propose that.
Please complete the proposal form below.
- One person on a team fills this in and becomes the contact person for the team.
- You will need to have two topic choices.
- Dilemma: What if you are interested in one topic with one team, but your other choice of topics is with a different team? No problem: Fill in one form for each of the teams.