~ Falcon Winter Athletics 2021 ~
March 22, 2021
Dear Parents/Guardians and Student-athletes,
I hope you are all well and like me, looking forward to the warmer weather. Fall Season 2 is underway and the spring athletics season is quickly approaching. Please read the below information carefully as we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times. All activities are being conducted in compliance with the Greenburgh Central School District, Westchester County Department of Health (WCDOH), Section 1 Athletics, and New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) COVID-19 protocols and guidelines.
High School Athletics Timeline
● Sunday, April 25 - Fall Season 2 season ends
● Monday, April 19* - All Varsity and JV spring sports seasons begin
● Sunday, June 13 - Last day for spring sports
● Varsity Sports Awards Ceremony - TBD as we continue to plan around and monitor DOH guidelines.
*Note - there is an overlap of one week between the end of Fall Season 2 and the start of spring season. Students do not have to choose one sport over the other if they are a multisport athlete. They may join the next season as soon as their current one concludes.
Spectator Policy at Interscholastic Contests
● Outdoor sports - 2 spectators per athlete for home and visiting teams are permitted but is at the discretion of the host school. A host school still reserves the right to not permit visiting spectators. This means we may have away contests where Woodlands spectators are
not permitted. We will notify you in advance when this is the case. We are planning to allow 2 spectators per visiting athlete.
● Indoor sports
○ Regular season - 2 spectators per athlete for HOME team only.
○ Post season - 2 spectators per home athlete and 2 visiting parents for visiting team senior athletes are permitted.
○ A host school still reserves the right to not permit visiting spectators. This means we may have an away playoff contest where Woodlands spectators are not permitted. We will notify you in advance when this is the case.
● Similar to the fall and winter season, we are working on streaming home varsity contests. Links to the games will be distributed when available.
Modified Athletics (7th & 8th grade)
Fall 2: No Modified Sports
Spring: We are planning to have Modified Sports (Baseball, Softball, Track)
FamilyID Registration Required to Participate
Registration Opening Dates:
● April 5 - All Vars. and JV spring sports
● April 12- Modified spring sports
● New York State Public High School Athletic Association Return To Athletics
● WCDOH Health Risk Communication
The above information is subject to change and we will keep you updated as we progress through the coming weeks and months.
Please contact the Athletics Office with questions at 914.761.6000 ext.
Mr. Michael McCoy
Director of Physical and Health Education and Athletics
For up to the minute updates, please follow me on Twitter @GreenburghSport
(Please scroll down to see sports' offerings)