The Gretna High-Ability Learner Program is committed to a curriculum which recognizes individual strengths and encourages the creative thought process by offering differentiated services to students who demonstrate high abilities in academic areas.
2018 State Math League - 2nd Place
High-ability learners are those students who give evidence of high performance capability in such areas as intellectual/academic, leadership, creative, or artistic capacity and who require acceleration or differentiated curriculum programs in order to develop those capabilities fully.
Gretna High School provides accelerated and enrichment opportunities through the following services:
1. College Prep, Dual Credit, and Advanced Placement courses,
2. HAL seminar courses (Integrated Studies) and independent studies,
3. Extra curricular activities,
4. Academic contests,
5. Individualized support for underachieving high ability learners.
6. Personal action plans for highly gifted students,