University of California, Los Angeles
I am a sixth year graduate student in the Department of Linguistics at UCLA.
My primary research interests lie in morphology, syntax, fieldwork, language documentation and revitalization.
I am honored to work on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Gabrielino/Tongva peoples.
Contact: imantenu [AT] ucla [DOT] edu
You can download my full CV here.
- Teaching The Study of Language in Fall 2019 at California State University Dominguez Hills
- September 2019 - Presenting at the Seminario Permanente de las Lenguas Mixtecanas (UNAM) "Retos y desafíos en la enseñanza de la lectoescritura del mixteco de Yucuquimi de Ocampo, Oaxaca." [with Octavio León Vázquez]
- Workshop in Oaxaca: training language teachers from the communities of Yucuquimi de Ocampo and San Sebastián del Monte. [with Octavio León Vázquez]
- June 2019 Given the Distinguished Teaching Award by the Linguistics Department at UCLA
- May 2019 Awarded the UCLA Dissertation Year Fellowship
Taller de lecto-escritura del mixteco de Yucuquimi de Ocampo
A workshop on teaching local students to write their language, to learn about linguistics and pedagogical techniques to become language teachers and preserve their language.