School Health Services
HEALTHY KIDS ARE BETTER LEARNERS!!
Sebeka Public School - Health Services
School Nurse: Janet Mattson MS RN Licensed School Nurse
PO Box 249 - 200 First Street Northwest, Sebeka, MN 56477
Telephone: Office: (218) 837-5101, Ext. 129 Fax: (218) 837 - 5967
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Welcome to the Sebeka Public School Health Service web site. This site contains health information that pertains to Sebeka Public School.
The mission of Sebeka Public Schools Health Service is to promote and maintain optimal health and well-being for learning. The philosophy is that healthy children make better learners to become responsible citizens and life long learners
The Licensed School Nurse (LSN) provides the following services in support of student education:
- Screen for Mental, Social and Emotional Needs
- Serve as School, Family and Community Health Adviser
- Provide health screenings
- Assess student health and developmental status
- Provide healthcare to students and staff
- Connect students and families to resources
- Provide health education
- Promote and monitor immunizations
- Develop plans of care for students with chronic illness
- Coordinate prevention/control of communicable disease
- Develop a system of first aid and emergency care
- Develop health policies and procedures