We have students with allergies to SCENTS and PEANUTS. To have a safe and caring learning environment for our students we ask that you take precautions with strong perfumes and peanut products. Please do not send peanut products to school in your child's snacks.
Christmas Concert Information
The EEP and Kindergarten Christmas Concert will be taking place in the school gymnasium on Thursday, December 13th. There are no regular classes this day and we will not start school at the regular time.
The children who attend in the morning will have their concert from 9:00 - 10:30am. The children who attend school in the afternoon will have their concert from 1:00 - 2:30pm. Plan to arrive 15-20 minutes before the concert, bringing your child to our classroom while you proceed to the gym. (Bring indoor shoes to wear in the gym for yourself too if you don't want to walk in sock feet.)
After the concert we will have a reception in the gym. (Sign Up Genius will be forwarded on Monday.) Each child will need to be accompanied by at least one adult during the reception that follows the concert.
The children will only be at school for the concert. We ask that all audience members stay for the concert in its entirety. The children are asked to dress in their Sunday Best.
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions incase I missed something.
EEP and Kindergarten Christmas Concert
Snow Pants and Winter Clothes
With the warmer weather that we have now, we would like to go outside to play on Tuesdays during our DPA time. For this we need all of the children dressed in snow pants and have both toques and mitts to wear. Other days of the week we may also go outside if time permits.
Library Christmas Ornament Contest
Students - Make a HomeMade Christmas Ornament, make sure your name is on it and bring it in to hang on Mrs. Dreier’s tree in the library.
There will be a winner chosen from each grade, EEP to Grade 6. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 20th.
- I am looking for scrap pieces of Christmas wrap and old Christmas cards. If you have anything you don't need just send them to school.
- Thank you to everyone who came out for Parent Teacher Interviews. If you missed them, please arrange to make an appointment.
- There will be a Sign Up Genius for snack items for the Christmas Concert. It will have Mrs. Kolchetski's name attached to it. There has been some difficult with this so stop in after class and we can have a look at it. I can sign in and then add your name.
- Going outside this week while the weather was nice was great. The children had lots of fun. Please keep sending them with all of their outdoor gear in case we go outside.
- This is a 5 day week. The only one this month. If you are leaving early for Christmas Holidays, just let me know ahead of time. This will make it easier for our office staff as they won't have to call home each day.
- This week we are talking about the letter H, rhyming words and drawing squares and rectangles. Our grocery store is working very well in the dramatic play center. Thank you to everyone who sent in grocery items. This week we will be changing over to a Christmas Theme.
- Just a reminder that we have toy cleaning each week. Many hands make light loads so if everyone could take a turn it would be much appreciated.
- I am looking for loose parts that we could use during class time. These are small items that can be used for different things when we use our imaginations. If you are doing some fall house cleaning and come across something like the ideas listed, just send them to school.
- broken necklaces, beads, marbles, shells, small rocks, etc.
- Show and Tell for December - I am sending home a paper for you to write about a Christmas Tradition that your family has. The children can draw a picture at the top or you can glue on a photo of your family participating in the tradition. i will read what you write to share with the class and then each child will be able to talk about the tradition. I will put everyone's names on the schedule however if you have it completed before hand please send it to school sooner. This way we can share more of them if time allows. The schedule is on the calendar located below.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Please make sure your child has the correct outdoor clothing as we may go outside and play.
- Please label your child's clothing articles. Many things look the same. I will keep our lost and found in the classroom.