History Of The FHS Hall of Fame

When The Black Knight Fieldhouse was completed in November 2016, a passage was created between the lobby of the high school and an entrance to the fieldhouse. This space proved to be the perfect location to visually capture the history of The Farmington School District and honor its graduates. The Hall of Fame is the brainchild of the superintendent, Matt Ruble. The first Hall of Fame committee consisted of graduates from the 1950s and 1960s. Members researched the Farmington Public Library archives for pictures and information relating to the early days of the district from 1870 and the first actual school construction. Pictures were translated to wallpaper which lined the walls of what became the Hall of Fame. The committee began the work of identifying outstanding graduates, athletes, and educators. The first induction was in December 2016. The ceremony was held in The Black Knight Fieldhouse, with a reception following. Information about the district and the Hall of Fame inductees is displayed on the video board located in the Hall of Fame.