Dr Mona Gabriel-Seow
- Strategic Alignment between Business and IT
- Business Process Transformation
- Program and Project Management
- PMO and Project Controls
- Resource, Oil & Gas, Utilities and Government, Contamination Remediation industries
- PMP® certified
I am a business consultant and senior program and project manager in Information Technology for the LNG, mining, and utilities industries and have helped several organisations in aligning their systems and processes to deliver their business outcomes.
With over 30 years experience in project and programme management for systems integration and custom development of information systems, I have successfully delivered large programs of work and projects as well as established and operated portfolio management office in the mining, LNG and utilities sectors. I have delivered successful solutions for many organisations including: Chevron Gorgon and Wheatstone, INPEX, Water Corporation, Western Power, REM Associates, BHPB, Clough Engineering, RAC, HBF, Fremantle Ports, Fisheries WA, Department of Agriculture, Department Premier & Cabinet.
Business & IT Consultancy
- Business transformation projects for Oil & Gas and waste management treatment organisations
- Established joint venture business in conjunction for utilities client to deliver multi-million dollar program of works
- Technical specifications for decommissioning legacy systems
- Requirements definitions for licencing systems, e-Gov systems, GIS systems
Program and Project Management
- Successful delivery of multiple program and project management servicing resource, utilities and industry clients
- Portfolio Management lead and delivery for LNG IT program of works
- Portfolio management and project controls establishment and delivery including PMO and project assurance and cost control
- Project Director for multi-million dollar programs of work managing multiple PMs and projects
- Roles included IBM, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Ajilon, Transfield Services
- Program Resource Manager for joint venture multi-million dollar construction program of works
- PMP Certification.
- Providing training on project management and business consultancy
- Lecturer in Project Management for Masters I.T. program Murdoch University
"Alignment of Business Strategies and Information Systems and Processes in Large Organisations". D.I.T. School of Engineering and Information Technology, Murdoch University
Professional Doctorate thesis investigated six case studies across four large organisations looking at how they aligned their IT systems and processes with their business directions.
- Gabriel-Seow, M. & Armarego, J. Three Approaches to Align Business Direction and Information Systems and Processes in an Australian Organisation, in Proceedings of The International Conference on Organizational Strategy, Business Models, and Risk Management, Dubai, UAE 2015.
- Gabriel-Seow, M. Alignment of IT and Business Strategy: Experiences of the Multinationals. Paper Presented at 21st Strategy Seminar, HELP University, April 2018, Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia.