Project Funding Application Process for 2018-2019
The application period for all funding sources opens on February 1, 2018.
All applications must be submitted by 6:00 pm on March 30, 2018.
This Project Funding Application Process uses a common application form and submission process for requesting funds from various sources at the college. One project proposal can be used for multiple funding requests. This process is intended to make it easier for the college community to find and apply for project funding, improve communication, eliminate redundancy, and reduce paper forms.
- Create a project proposal to describe the project and amount of funding requested. Share the document with all collaborators and allow "anyone at EdCC with the link to comment."
- Consult with areas of the college that will be impacted as soon as possible. It may take some time for areas such as IT, Purchasing, or Facilities to research and provide quotes or other information.
- Get executive sponsorship for the project (i.e., endorsement by a Vice President). See FAQs for instructions. No physical signatures are needed.
- Submit a Proposal to one or more relevant funding sources by using the Google Form on this site to submit project proposals.
- For 2018-2019 requests, the application period for all funding sources opens on February 1, 2018.
- All applications must be submitted by 6:00 pm on March 30, 2018.
- Requests will be reviewed by the Resource Allocation and Capacity (RAC) Council, but the specific funding source committees will decide their allocations.
- Funds will be available after July 1, 2018 and must be used by June 30, 2019.
- If the project is canceled or can no longer proceed, unused allocations will be returned to the funding source. Funds cannot be diverted for other projects without a new proposal.
- Please provide quotes for products or services that will be purchased, including tax and delivery charges. Itemized breakdowns of how funds will be spent can be attached.
- If staffing is a part of your proposal, please consult Human Resources and the Business Office for assistance in determining the cost of personnel resources and benefits needed.
Funding can be requested from:
- RAC (Resource Allocation and Capacity Council). Funding requests for one-time needs can be made through an Operational Unit (Department/Division) of the college or a Strategic Council. Please contact a division Vice President for more information.
- Foundation: Each year, the EdCC Foundation awards grants of up to $2,000 to faculty and staff that allow them to enhance and improve Edmonds Community College programs and projects. Please contact Michelle Cimaroli at email@example.com for more information.
- TIMC: The Technology Investment Management Committee is responsible for recommending allocations of students' one-time technology investment funds and the college matching allocation. Please contact Eva Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Green Fund: The Campus Green Fund, funded by the Associated Students' Sustainability Fee, provides resources to further the Sustainability Initiative on campus with awards to students, staff, and faculty for projects that model environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable practices in the campus community. Please contact Stewart Sinning at email@example.com for more information.
- Workforce: The Office of Workforce Development and Training oversees grants related to professional and technical programs. For more information about whether a project will meet criteria for grant funding, see Workforce Education Funding Notes . Contact Lynne Rigoroso - Executive Assistant to the VP, Workforce Development and Training - x1967. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other: If you don't know where your project might fit, the RAC will review the requests and provide feedback or advice.