How do I indicate that a proposal has been "endorsed" by a Vice President?
Approval can be provided as a comment in the Google Doc proposal form. To do this:
- Enter the name and email of the VP and/or other endorsers in the Endorsements section.
- Highlight the name or email address and choose "Comment" from the Insert menu. A Comment box will pop up on the right side of the screen.
- In the Comment box, Type "Please approve this project proposal" (or something similar), and then type + (plus sign) and the email address of the endorser. The address should pop-up automatically from your Contacts List after a few characters are entered.
- Check the "Assign to ..." box and then click the Comment button. This will send an email request to the person you've assigned it to with a link to the document.
- When the endorser has reviewed and approved the proposal, s/he can simply reply to the Comment thread with "Approved." The endorser's email address and date/time stamp will serve as an electronic signature and will stay with the document when submitted.
What if I don't know who to contact in the "Institutional Impacts and Capacity" section?
The first place to start is with the director of that area. However, you can indicate that you anticipate a certain level of involvement from an area by just putting an "X" in the appropriate box of the row. Depending on the funding source's review guidelines, the committee may ask you to provide more information in order to process the request.
If you need quotes or information from IT, Purchasing or Facilities in order to complete the project proposal, it's best to consult these areas as soon as possible while completing the proposal rather than waiting until the last week before the due date. Many others may also be looking for assistance with their proposals during the same time period and it can take time to do the necessary research.