Resources for students
*Grade boundaries - Students can earn a maximum of 34 points on the extended essay. Grade boundaries won't be established until after the 2018 exam session as this will be the first session to apply the new assessment rubric.
The purpose of the worksheet above is to help you work out your research question for the extended essay. You will formally submit your proposal via Managebac.
- Log on to Managebac
- Click on the IB Manager on the left
- Click on Extended Essay
- Click on the Extended Essay worksheet tab (far left across top)
- Click on Edit Extended Essay proposal (upper right corner-ish)
Follow these directions to enter your proposal:
- Subject - pull down the menu and click on the subject of your extended essay.
- Topic - enter the topic of your extended essay
- Research Question - enter your research question
- Notes - Enter the approach you will take to research your question. Also enter your three preferences for supervisor.
- Supervisor - Pull down the menu and click on Bridget Whitted. I will change this to the supervisor to whom you are assigned.
POINTS AWARDED VIA TOK
Students will earn the following points for Extended Essay process assignments which will be calculated into their TOK or Scholars grade (whichever the students are enrolled in when the assignment is due):
Initial Reflection 25 pts
Annotated Bibliography 50 pts
Outline 50 pts
Interim reflection 25 pts
Rough draft 50 pts
Final reflection 25 pts