Music at Chaboya
During the COVID 19 pandemic .... Many changes have been implemented to keep students and school communities safe. All music events and festivals have been cancelled.
BUT ... we can ...
Keep the music alive. Music is a gift. You can use that gift. Remember the quote from Berthold Auerbach: "Music washes away the dust of everyday life." It's true. When you don't have anything to do and you're bored ... Play your instrument. Create a music video. Compose a song. Learn a new song. Practice just for fun. It will make things better. Those around you will feel better too. Music is a gift you share with others. Keep sharing and keep playing.
email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns or thoughts
Welcome to Chaboya’s Music Program! Chaboya has many exciting, fun, musical opportunities to explore. We offer Guitar, Ukulele and award winning Concert and Symphonic Bands. Music is for everyone! I am certain your experience will be rewarding and fun. I look forward to making music with you this year! Keep your eyes open for informative hand outs and flyers as the school year progresses. The first few days may seem to be full of information, but be patient, you'll figure it out soon. Have fun learning. You will do great! As the saying goes... "No one can whistle a symphony. It takes an orchestra to play it!"
Check out the drop down menus for current information. Check the calendar on my home page too!
TOP REASONS FOR STICKING WITH BAND AS YOU GET READY FOR HIGH SCHOOL:
WHY IS CONTINUING IN BAND A GREAT IDEA?
- Band Students on average receive higher scores on the SAT and the ACT.
- More band students receive scholarships and awards than any other group.
- It enhances teamwork skills in a disciplined environment.
HOW DO UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS VIEW BAND?
- They see music as a foreign language that you perform confidently.
- It is a sign of your integrity, time management, and commitment.
- Universities do not want to see students who bounce around from elective class to elective class. Never really throwing themselves into a single interest for their high school career.
SHOWING INVOLVEMENT IN CAMPUS LIFE.
- You invest yourself in campus life while showing loyalty and school spirit.
- Universities like USC and Michigan have a very loyal school spirit atmosphere where alumni are all active in university life by donating money, attending performances, and sporting events.
- Being in band at the high school level builds this spirit of loyalty to the school. Being in band at the middle school level prepares you for high school level band.
DEMONSTRATIN COMMITMENT AND DEDICATION!
- It’s waking up early so you can do an extra rehearsal.
- It’s staying after school to practice.
- It’s rehearsing or going to a competition on a Saturday.
- It’s taking your homework with you to football games or competitions.
- This is the exact commitment and dedication that universities want to see!
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- 65% of all music majors applying to medical school are accepted.
- There are 5X as many scholarships for academics than for sports.
- Universities view music students academically above average.
- In a survey of Fortune 500 CEO’s, 60% of CEO’s had a music background.
NO MATTER THE HIGH SCHOOL, JUST JOIN BAND!
- Students are always able to be in band all 4 years and take all the necessary AP classes for college.
- Top students around the nation manage to do it, That means you can too.