Geo for Good User Summit 2018
What: Geo for Good User Summit
When: October 1-4, 2018
Where: Google Headquarters, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Cost: Attendance is free, following acceptance into the workshop through Google’s application process. Breakfast and lunch on these 4 days will be provided free to participants.
Who should attend? This workshop is intended for nonprofit mapping and technology specialists. Ideal participants will meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are employed at a nonprofit or consult for nonprofits; or work in a capacity that serves Indigenous peoples
- Are classroom teachers, curriculum specialists, technology advocates, librarians, administrators, professional trainers, and other education professionals who are committed to geo-literacy and using maps to address social or environmental challenges
- Demonstrate ability to implement and make effective use of Google mapping technology within their organization.
- Are currently working on mapping projects, or have datasets they want to map.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Earth, Maps, or Earth Engine
- GIS experience
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming for Google Geo APIs
- Possess training experience and intend to train others within their organization or in the larger nonprofit community on Google mapping technology.
This hands-on workshop is limited to 125 participants. Due to limited space, we may not be able to accept every workshop applicant, and no more than 2 representatives from each organization will be accepted.