Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do chiropractors do?
A: We evaluate your spine and nerves to locate and correct vertebral Subluxations. These are areas where a bone is out of alignment causing a “pinching” on a nerve, malfunction, and sometimes pain. We correct these Subluxations by using our hands or specialized tools. There is typically no pain involved. We do not prescribe medication or treat your symptoms, as this is the job of medical doctors.
Q: Why do people take their entire family in to see the chiropractor?
A: Chiropractic is about health not symptom treatment. It would be like asking why people would have their entire family eat right or exercise. Proactive health care reduces costs, improves wellness and decreases the need to see a medical doctor for symptom treatment. Staying healthy is better in all ways than constantly trying to regain and restore it.
Q: Is it expensive to see a chiropractor?
A: Every office is different. In my office we have made a decision to not participate directly with insurance companies. We have done this for many reasons.
- You and I can make better decisions about your health needs than a third party carrier.
- Not billing insurance for you holds down our costs. This savings can be passed on to you. In this economy more and more people are losing their insurance or seeing an increase in deductibles and co pays. Let’s focus on your needs and not what your coverage “allows” you to get.
- Expensive compared to what?
- It costs less to stay healthy than regain it.
- No, it is not expensive to see a chiropractor. It is actually a very affordable investment in your health. "Simple, Affordable Results" is my motto.