Belvidere High School
Welcome to Belvidere High School
Please scroll down and check out sections on the left to find all sorts of helpful information
The Student Services Department at BHS consists of school counselors, the school psychologist, and school social worker. All students are assigned a school counselor based on their last name, who will assist students with the following:
- Course planning
- Assistance with researching careers and colleges
- Social-emotional concerns
- Academic Advising
The mission of the Belvidere High School Counseling Department is to empower all learners through social-emotional, career, and academic development to achieve personal excellence.
More information on Student Services staff can be found by clicking on Staff Profiles to the left.
- Mr. Jon Young (Student Last Names A-Gal); (815) 547-4809, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Matt Ford (Student Last Names Gam-Ln); (815) 547-4183, email@example.com
- Mrs. Alicia Gomory (Student Last Names Lo-Ri); (815) 547-4162; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Michelle Eklund (Student Last Names Rj-Z); (815) 547-4552; email@example.com
- Mrs. Michelle Helgeson - (815) 547-7973; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Leigh Ann Walbaum - (815) 547-4428; email@example.com
- Mrs. Hannah Feldhaus - (815) 547-4292; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Lynn Saso - (815) 547-4635; email@example.com
To request a transcript please click here: Transcript Request Form
**Many colleges and universities will be visiting BHS this year to speak with seniors, juniors, and sophomores interested in learning more about them. Please click on "College Rep Visits" above to see a calendar of what colleges will be visiting on what day.**
Spring College Field Trip -- Illinois State University and Eureka College, Wednesday, May 1, 2019
We are excited to offer our spring field trip to two great schools -- Illinois State University and Eureka College. This trip will be open to juniors only and we can take a maximum of 45 students. This trip will be a wonderful opportunity for students to see the difference between a large, public university and a small, private university so they can get a better idea of what would be a better fit for them. Because of the distance from BHS, we will not return to school until 6PM so students will need to provide their own ride home. Permission forms will be available closer to the trip. Please contact Mr. Young at (815) 547-4809 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Previous College Field Trips:
- Fall 2018: Northern Illinois University & Aurora University
- Spring 2018: University of Wisconsin-Whitewater & University of Wisconsin-Rock County;
- Fall 2017: University of Illinois-Chicago;
- Spring 2017: Northern Illinois University
Community Foundation of Northern Illinois Scholarship Presentation BUC WIN, December 18, 2018 10:41-11:18AM, The BHS Library
The Community Foundation of Northern Illinois (CFNIL) will be hosting a Scholarship presentation for seniors on December 18th during BUC WIN. Learn about hundreds of available scholarships for students in the Rockford region.