Learn to Row
Learning to Row at DRRC
DRRC offers a variety of ways to learn to row!
We offer multiple Learn-to-row programs throughout the year, and the club participates in USRowing's National Learn to Row Day which takes place on the first Saturday in June, every year. We welcome novices anytime!
Learning to row starts with showing up at one of our morning rows. If you'd like to give it a try, please contact us to let us know you'll be coming.
There are many advantages of competitive and recreational rowing compared to other sports. The benefits include:
- Full body workout using all of the major muscle groups (legs, abdomen, back, arms)
- Low impact on joints.
- Wide range of muscle and joint movement for greater flexibility.
- High calorie burner per unit time and distance for greater efficiency.
- Simultaneously builds strength and aerobic conditioning.
- Indoor and outdoor rowing is versatile.
- Being part of a team is fun, social and rewarding.