Dedham Middle School
Guidance counselors, school psychologists, and adjustment counselors help children and adolescents succeed academically, socially, and emotionally.
At DMS, they collaborate with parents, administrators, educators, and families to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments for all students that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community.
For more information regarding counseling and mental health support and services in the Dedham Public Schools, please contact the Director of Counseling Services, Dr. Ashley Dubé (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Meet our DMS Counseling Team:
Alison Burke, MS/CAGS, NCSP : School Psychologist (781) 310 - 7012 ABurke@Dedham.k12.ma.us
Elizabeth Pedersen, M.ED: Guidance Counselor (781) 310 - 7013 EPedersen@Dedham.k12.ma.us
Kevin Quaranto, M.ED: Guidance Counselor (781) 310 - 7014 KQuaranto@Dedham.k12.ma.us
Kristen Mitchell, MSW, LCSW : Adjustment Counselor (781) 310 - 7015 KMitchell@Dedham.k12.ma.us
Christie Herbst, M.A., P.D. : School Psychologist (781) 310 - 7016 CHerbst@Dedham.k12.ma.us
UPCOMING NEWS & EVENTS:
- September 6, 2018: First day back to school!
Our Counseling Department has attended the following trainings/workshops (2017-2018):
- Supporting our LGBTQ youth, SafeSchools, Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Collaborating to manage anxiety in schools, Northeastern University
- Psychopharmacological interventions, Judge Baker Children's Center
- Trauma and risk evaluation process, Children's Charter Trauma Clinic
- Understanding the hospitalization process, Franciscan Children's Hospital CBAT Unit
- Understanding children and adolescent grief and coping, Care Dimensions
Follow us on Twitter!
Be sure to follow @DMSGuidance for department updates and information!