Stay Safe Everyone! Hope to see you all at school soon.
Welcome to Mrs. Wilson's Nurses Corner! I am excited for the 2019-2020 school year at DES!!! Please visit my site for up to date school related topics.
In accordance with the state law, your child is required to have a physical examination completed for 3rd grade. Please forward this medical documentation to the school nurse if it has been completed.
Dr. Jean-Guillaume Rock will be scheduled to perform physicals April 16, 2020.
Mobile dentist was a success on Oct. 17,2019. Thank you to the 17 students that participated. The next Mobile Dentist will take place on May 18, 2020. Dental Forms were sent home on 2/13/20.
March 16 we will re-introduce the Healthy Snack Program to all classrooms. As in the past, it has provided an educational opportunity for students and families to learn about new foods and better choices; the program will run through April 13. We hope these changes may promote life long habits for our students.
Some important reminders for the start of school
1. All new students must have all immunizations up to date and a current physical exam (within the last year,) to start school.
2. If your child is ill please keep them home. Examples of illness's that your child should stay home: Fever of 100.0 or more, vomiting , diarrhea, rash of unknown origin.
3. Please communicate with me any illness your child may have.
4. Please do not ever send medication into school with your child. This includes cough drops. If your child needs any medication while at school: prescription or over the counter, please contact me to make arrangements and have the proper paper work filled out.
5. Physical exams are required upon entry to Kindergarten, 3rd grade, 7th grade and 10th grade.
Newsletter From The School Nurse
Mrs. Wilson R.N.
The health office will be conducting the annual 2nd,3rd, and 4th grade height, weight, hearing and vision screenings starting the week of October 14, 2019.
The Screening may reveal changes that require we send a note home urging follow up with a specialist. If we find your child needs further testing, a call to home will be made, as well as, the 2 way school form requiring completion and return with the specialist recommendation. Notices are only sent to those students that do not meet the states standards. If you do not want your child screened at school please send in a letter opting out of the specific screening.
Last but not least, thank you for working closely with the classroom teachers before sending in any foods for party celebrations. We have had great fun and full participation of all students when veggies/fruits/ Popsicle/Italian ice or similar treats are sent in. This is all an important part of the need for Food Allergy Awareness in our school community. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call the school.