At the Alternative Center for Excellence, a high school of choice, students develop
intellectual, social, emotional, and personal skills necessary for success in a 21st Century global society.
At the Alternative Center for Excellence, we educate, empower, and engage students every day.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- We believe that ACE should provide educational excellence in an environment that is filled with positive opportunities.
- We believe that because all students can learn, we have high expectations for ourselves as teachers.
- We believe that negativity is our enemy and an obstacle that can be overcome.
- We believe that ACE is a place where students become more confident, caring, and capable learners as they focus on the challenge of a meaningful, well-rounded, academic curriculum.
- We believe ACE is a community of learners who value service to others.
- We believe that ACE will always respond positively and openly to diversity.
- We believe that shared decision making is the foundation for success.
- We believe that effective communication and participation involving the student, teacher and parent are the best combination for student success.
- We believe that students who attend school every day will make significant changes in their lives.
- We believe that increased skill development enhances self-respect.
- We believe that a high school diploma is the next step on a life-long, self-directed future.
ACE offers many unique learning opportunities such as:
- Project Based Learning Opportunities
- Smaller classrooms and supportive environment
- Daily Guidance Groups
- Outdoor Adventure Trips
- Community Service and volunteer opportunities
- DSABC Mentoring Program
- Student driven after school clubs
- Afters School Tutoring and support
ACE sponsors special events yearly such as:
- ACE Thanksgiving Feast
- Breakfast with Santa
- ACE Coffee House
- ACE Graduation