Welcome to The Ripple Effect
Take the plunge with the Canadian Unitarian Council as we explore issues surrounding water, our interconnections with it, and our responsibilities to it!
We invite you to identify a water-related issue you want to learn more about, and take action on. This site contains resources to host a kick-off event in your area which includes your choice of film and some questions to guide you through the process. You are invited to share those answers with us so we can help you connect with resources, campaigns, movements, and activists working on similar issues throughout the country. We have assembled resources on this site which we hope will continue to grow as people like you add to it by sharing things on our Facebook group. There you can also share water issues of high importance for your area and highlight actions you are taking to address them.
We truly hope that through our connections the actions taken in one region will have a ripple effect, supporting education and change across the country!
This site contains everything you need to get started. Please let us know if you plan to be involved, and we’ll do our best to support you. We can be reached at RippleEffect@cuc.ca
We look forward to working with you,
The National Social Justice Team,
Erin Horvath, Colin Read & Danielle Webber
2. Gather others
- Share our poster
- Share on social media
3. Host Kick Off Event
- Choose a date
- Decide what film to show (we've listed several for you to consider on this site)
- Advertise the event
- Fill out our registration questionnaire during Kick Off Event
4. Decide what you will learn about and how you will take action.
This site has a great pool of resources for you to look through for inspiration (See drop down menu at the top right).
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
5. Join our Facebook community
- share updates on your initiative
- discuss current water issues
- share water meditations, reflections, songs or poems
- share pictures and videos related to water
- connect with other groups and experts
6. Make a short film or photo slideshow to showcase your groups campaign
Submit by March 31, 2020 to our Facebook group
- Films/Slideshows will be showcased on our Facebook page, through other CUC media, and at the CUC Annual General Meeting in Halifax on May 15-17, 2020
- Snippets from various films/slideshows will be used to create a highlight reel illustrating the impact of The Ripple Effect.
- Need help with making a video/slide show? The CUC is offering a free webinar on Saturday April 20, 2019 at 12:30 EST.
7. Complete our closing survey for a chance to win some great prizes
We will summarize the results of the surveys and share these with you on our Facebook group, CUC website & reports, and in the highlight film.
Fill out the survey by April 30, 2020 and have your group entered into a draw for some great prizes. You can fill out the survey after that date (or add to it if you do more later in the year) but we'd like to get a much input as possible before our Annual General Meeting.