All you need to know on one page!
What are the Film Categories?
Create a story with one or more characters who have a problem that is solved in the end. (Length: 3 minute or less)
Public Service Announcement (PSA)
How we treat each other is very important. Create a PSA to show a proper way to treat others or interact with them. (Length: 1 minute or less)
How Can Students Make a Simple Film Using iMovie on Their Phones?
Watch the tutorial video. Encourage students to join the Filmmaking Club that will be run after school by high school videography students. (TBA)
What are the Basic Rules?
- The filmmaking process must be performed by 5th/6th grade students.
- Non-students may be used as actors.
- Teachers, coaches, or mentors are encouraged to guide the process.
- Limit of 5 producers per film (there may be extra actors).
- Due submitted by April 3, 2020.
What Music is Available?
Use royalty-free music--nothing that has a copyright. Cite the music title and URL address in the film's credits. See below for excellent resources.
How Will the Film be Scored by the Judges?
- The film has a logical sequence
- The message is clear and interesting
- The music selection matches the tone of the film
- The music sources are cited in the credits
- The film does not exceed the time limit
How Will Students be Honored and Awarded?
- The student producers of the first place film in each category will be called to the stage to be recognized and awarded a plaque, along with a t-shirt. The films will be viewed on the big screen.
- The student producers of the following top films will be called to the stage to be recognized and awarded medallions, along with a t-shirt. The films will be viewed on the big screen.
- Each student producer from all film submissions will receive a certificate.
How Does the Teacher, Coach, or Mentor Submit a Film?
1. Upload each film onto YouTube (unlisted or public), using the film title only.
2. Complete a release form for each student.
3. Fill out and submit a form for each film.
***Deadline to Submit Films: Friday, April 3, 2020***
Print one per student, get parent signatures, send through CUSD district mail to Claudia Hooten Alta Sierra Intermediate.