"There is a great sense of community within the Montessori classroom, where children of differing ages work together in an atmosphere of cooperation rather than competitiveness. "
- Dr. Maria Montessori
Admission is based on space availability and the agreement by staff and parents that the child and class will benefit from the child’s enrollment. Other considerations are classroom age* and gender balance.
Children are evaluated on the basis of readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. It is equally important to determine whether the parents’ educational philosophy and goals are compatible with that of the School.
If all classroom spaces are filled, prospective students will be placed on a waiting list and parents will be notified when space is available. Children will be selected on a first come basis, with consideration of age, gender and special needs, to ensure a balanced ratio in each class.
* Multiage classes allow teachers to develop close and long-term relationships with their students, allow them to know each other's learning style well, and encourage older students to become role models, mentors, and leaders to younger students.
If you would like to apply for a spot in our Montessori Program please follow the following steps:
- Attend one of our info sessions/school tours. We currently don't have any sessions or tours scheduled. Please check back in a couple of weeks for tour dates, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents should plan on attending without their child(ren).
- Complete and return the Application Form with a $25 nonrefundable application fee.
- Your application will be reviewed. We have limited number of spots and select children to maintain a balanced classroom.
- Meet with the School Director/Lead Teacher and schedule a Teacher/Child Interview and observation session.
- Once you are offered a spot and your child is admitted, registration and additional fees are due.
- Return completed registration materials provided to you by the School.
New Student Six-Week Follow-up
New students normally assimilate into a Montessori environment with ease and joy. Because it takes about 30 days to establish habits and learn the ground rules, there is time given for this transition. The Lead teacher provides a six-week follow-up either by meeting with the parents in person, or by phone, to let them know how their child has adjusted.
Spanish Immersion Montessori Early Childhood Program
Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
(includes before and after-school care)
Cielito Lindo is designed for working parents, offering a full day, year round program for one all-inclusive fee.
Full-Year August – July, with 4 breaks:
- 1 week for Spring Break
- 1 week for Summer Break (July)
- 1 week between school sessions (August)
- 1 week for Winter Break (December)
A school calendar is issued at the beginning of each school year listing holidays and other days that the school will be closed.
As tuition fees are subject to change to reflect operating costs, a new tuition fee schedule is issued each year. At least 30 days’ notice will be given prior to any fee changes.
New Students: a non-refundable security deposit and enrollment fee of $2,500 is due upon submittal of enrollment forms.
We are a Spanish Immersion Montessori Preschool in San Francisco
101 Gold Mine Dr., San Francisco, CA 94131 | (415)757-0009