Winter Bruins Training Team
Fitness, Fun and Competition for a Stronger Spring
Steps to Sign Up
Send $200 by Venmo to @WinterBruins (includes coaching, t-shirt, entry fees to multiple races, final surge online training, AND MORE)
Top Three Reasons to sign up for Winter Bruins Training Team
1) Training, traveling, competing and FUN with your Bruins family!
2) You get 10 weeks of training plans and professional coaching for $200, that's $20 per week! You get 31 coached practices for $200, that's $6.45 per practice!
3) You get a cool t-shirt!
1) Middle school athletes can train and compete with the team at all meets. Please encourage them to sign up. We will start middle school practice at 4pm so they have time to arrive.
2) This is not just for runners. We will provide specific professional training for athletes of all sports. Coaches on this program have trained a lacrosse/field hockey athlete for Creek to be one of the strongest runners on their team easily meeting all tryout tests. Club members do not have to complete at meets.
3) This is your club; you can come to as many practices as you want.
4) We will individualize training based on your goals.
1) Winter Bruins will provide a travel package and live coaching at Running Lane. Your Running Lane entry fee is now included with your club membership giving you even more value.
2) The prior email had the dates of the Running Lane (December 3) and the USATF XC National Championship (December 10) mixed up. Here are the correct dates.
3) Travel packages will be $850 or less per person including airfare, lodging, and some meals. Athletes can also travel on their own. Caregivers/family are welcome to travel with the team.
4) We will have fun opportunities to compete after winter break and will have some social events.
We are pleased to announce a formal offseason program for high school and middle school athletes. This program will be managed by Coach Clark with other coaches assisting. Here are the details.
Winter Bruins is affiliated with USA Track & Field (USATF).
Winter Bruins is open to all middle and high school athletes. Winter Bruins is for athletes of all abilities, and it is not just for runners. We will focus on your fitness goals whether they relate to running, another sport, or just general fitness.
Practice will be Monday-Thursday 3:45-5:30pm. We will meet at Cherry Creek High School between Stutler Bowl and the West Building. We will not meet during finals week and winter break (12/19-1/8).
The first practice will be November 1st and will run until the start of preseason track & field (around January 23).
The cost is $200 to be a member of the club. This fee will include professional coaching, goal setting, entry fees into the USATF Junior Olympics State Championship and any other USATF meets athletes qualify for, USATF individual membership for each athlete, electronic training plan via final surge or training peaks customized to meet athlete goals, and a t-shirt.
Singlets will be available in late November for $40.00.
Club membership scholarships are available. If your athlete would like to apply for a scholarship for club membership, please contact Coach Clark.
Competitions are entirety optional. We will focus on the USATF Junior Olympics Program while supporting athletes that want to attend NXR or Running Lane. The USATF Junior Olympics program is not as competitive as some other national programs and has age group divisions (11-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18) so it can be a good opportunity for many runners to qualify to regionals and nationals.
Below is our competition schedule and details.
November 5 - USATF Cross Country Junior Olympics State Championships - Colorado Springs, Colorado (details here). Entry into this race is included with your club membership and we will have coaching at the meet, but you need to provide your own transportation. The top 30 individuals and top 5 teams in each age group advance to regionals.
November 19 - USATF Cross Country Junior Olympics Regionals - Lyons, Colorado (details here). Entry into this race is included with your club membership and we will have coaching at the meet, but you need to provide your own transportation. You must qualify at the November 5th State Championship meet. The top 30 individuals and top 5 teams in each age group advance to nationals.
November 19 - NXR - Tempe, AZ (details here). Entry into this race is not included with your club membership and we will not have coaching at this race. However, we will support a training plan for this race.
December 3 - Running Lane National Championships - Huntsville, AL (details here). Entry into this race is included with your club membership and we will have coaching at the meet. The club will offer a travel package for this meet at an additional cost. Athletes can also make their own travel arrangements. Team travel dates are Thursday (12/1) - Sunday (12/4). Athletes will miss school on Friday.
December 10 - USATF Cross Country Junior Olympics Nationals - College Station, Texas (details here). Entry into this race is included with your club membership and we will have coaching at the meet. The club will offer a travel package for this meet at an additional cost. Athletes can also make their own travel arrangements. Team travel dates are Friday afternoon (12/9) - Sunday (12/11). Athletes will miss 1/2 of the school day on Friday.
We may add a race or two for fun in January as we get ready for the spring.
Register for Winter Bruins by filling out THIS FORM and by sending $200 by Venmo to: @WinterBruins