CHCF Brain Foundation
"Promoting research to develop personalized medicine for serious and life-threatening diseases of the brain"
CHCFbrain.org is a non-profit organization and advocacy group, centered around mental health. In order to be effective, advocacy groups need to develop both short-term and long-term goals.
Many non-profit mental health organizations address short-term goals which include:
1) improving access to existing care for everyone
2) continued education of professionals modernizing the way these conditions are treated
3) mandatory mental health education in our schools
4) removing stigma and educating public, parents, and family members on how to look for early signs of depression and anxiety to address these conditions effectively
CHCF addresses long-term goals as well. The long-term goals, which are the focus of CHCF , are to promote research to:
1) identify the root cause(s) of serious mental health conditions, learning disabilities and neuro-developmental delays and disorders with mental health manifestations
2) develop objective unbiased "blood based" diagnostics
3) develop curative therapies based on these not yet identified or characterized genetic and epigenetic markers
We are about the future! By promoting this research, we will change how we speak about mental health in terms of the diseases of the brain that affect our mental health, and we will treat these conditions in the same manner as other diseases of the brain like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s.
For more information, see the following blog site and sign the petition for "Mental Health Moonshot".
You can also find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mentalhealthresearch/about/