Have a job you want to post, equipment you want to sell or have a general need to reach out to the members? If you are a member or sustaining firm there is no fee! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Orange County Government
Survey Field Supervisor
Public Works Engineering
Orange County, Florida is home to a diverse population of over 1,000,000 residents spanning approximately 1,000 square miles. Beautiful year round mild weather, sunshine, world famous attractions, community and cultural events, plenty of outdoor activities, and miles of nearby beaches help make Orange County a great place to live and work.
Does this sound like somewhere you would love to live and work? Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Orange County is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity. We are seeking a motivated, high energy, self-starter to serve in the role of Survey Field Supervisor. The Survey Field Supervisor performs a broad variety of advanced technical and skilled survey assignments in the office and/or filed in connection with various engineering tasks.
Work is performed under the general supervision of a licensed Professional Surveyor and Mapper, who evaluates performance based on accuracy and efficiency of operations and supervisory skills demonstrated.
- Supervises assigned survey field crews.
- Records research and other necessary preparation for field survey packages.
- Makes survey computations and traverse adjustments.
- Trains subordinate survey personnel.
- Reviews survey fieldwork for the accuracy and completeness.
- Reduces and adjusts RTK/GPS survey data.
- Provides the public with archived County survey data.
- Adjusts surveying instruments.
- Maintains survey jobs log, accident reports and other required miscellaneous reports.
- Schedules survey crews and assignments.
- Maintains survey supplies and equipment for field crews.
- Assists in coordinating with the County Surveyor for field crew PRM checks.
- Assists in the review of property descriptions prepared for various County related functions.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of surveying and automated drafting operations and procedures and of the principles, practice and techniques of field surveying computations.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of mathematics through trigonometry and its application to surveying and drafting.
- Possesses a considerable knowledge of civil engineering principles related to surveying and survey drafting and construction specifications and plans related to survey field staking.
- Generates automated survey drawings through the use of computer software and plotters.
- Conducts abstract title chain.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal principles for boundary location.
High school or equivalent and five (5) years of surveying experience, three (3) years of which must be as a party chief or an equivalent position.
Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s license.
Certified Survey Technician (CST) Level 3 or better.
Posting Date: October 2, 2018
Closing Date: November 2, 2018
May close without prior notice.
Salary Range: $ 20.31 - 26.39 per hour
Based on qualifications
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of theNational Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.