CARNEGIE SCIENCE, GEOPHYSICAL LABORATORY
My main research goal is to understand the evolution and composition of planetary interiors through high-pressure simulation experiments using piston-cylinder apparatus, multi-anvil devices, diamond-anvil cell, and dynamic compression methods. I also pursue new materials synthesis at high pressure and temperature.
- Earth and planet evolution
- Planetary interior processes
- Compositions of the Earth's mantle and core
- Physical properties of materials at high P and T
- Materials synthesis at high pressure
- Development of high-pressure techniques