Internet and Computer Safety
Provided FREE to Canyon ISD community members
- Learn how to protect yourself online.
- See methods used by people trying to steal your information online.
- Discuss the dangers of social media and cloud platforms.
- Examine the future of technology and the benefits and concerns that come with it.
- Understand the principals of digital citizenship in our world today and to come.
This class is designed to equip our community, staff, and students with a strong understanding of the concerns and dangers with moderns technology. We will also talk about how to take advantage of these amazing tools while ensuring that you are consciously aware of those dangers and how to be safe. Unlike ever before in history, mistakes made online can last a lifetime and its important be aware of our online presence and how to interact with others as a digital citizen.
The class will be taught by Chief Technology Officer (Michael Keough)
We will deal with some sensitive information including cyber bullying and address issues with sexting and similar social media posting concerns. We do however feel the information is appropriate for ages 13 and up. Parents are free to bring students of all ages. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org