What is Criminal Justice?
The BCIT Criminal Justice Program is constantly striving to grow as a program to afford Students the best opportunities to succeed in the Criminal Justice Community. Our students compete and take place annually in the Skills USA competition, which is a state level competition for Vocational Institutions. The Criminal Justice Program is designed to expose students to the world of law enforcement in many aspects.
What is covered?
- Street Law
- Forensic Science
- Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security
- Police Report Writing
- History and Development of Law Enforcement
- Court Proceedings and Mock Trials
- Due Process and the Business of the Courts
- Preparing for a Job in Law Enforcement
- Criminal Investigations
- Arresting Procedures (including handcuffing and search)
- Motor Vehicle Stop/Summons
- DWI Investigation
- Basic First Aid
- Crime Scene Processing
- Finger Print Recovery
- Virtual Reality Crime Scene Procedures
- Use of Force
- Fire Arms Safety
- FEMA Incident Command Certifications
- Incident Command 100
- Incident Command 700
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- NOCTI Criminal Justice
BCIT is in partnership with Rowan College at Burlington County, RCBC, which allows students taking Criminal Justice an opportunity to earn both high school and college credits. For more information, click the link below.