Dear Bridgehampton Family,
Welcome to Mrs. Reilly's Class.
I would like to welcome you to the 2017/2018 academic year. Throughout the year, I am looking forward to developing a family atmosphere in my classroom, working with all of you, and making this year a positive experience. Please feel free to contact me regarding any issues and I will be happy to respond as soon as possible
Scope and Sequence:
We will work on basic communication skills as well as academic English necessary for success in your other classes. Our goal is to develop proficiency in all four skill areas of listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Technologies, such as the Rosetta Stone, will be used to support your learning.
To achieve these goals we will practice the four basic skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing every class. We will:
- practice conversation, vocabulary and grammar of English for basic communication and academic proficiency.
- practice listening and note taking and have class discussions and presentations on different themes.
- read, discuss, and analyze writings and novels from different genres.
- do writing activities that model the skills tested on the English and Regents.
Use laptops and software designed to support ELL’s.
Class Rules and Expectations:
- Students are expected to be present, to be prompt, to be prepared to learn, to be positive and to be polite.