Hillside Girls Basketball
***October 29th - first day of basketball ***
*** This has changed from what was recently posted. Necessary changes to the schedule were needed district wide. Therefore girls basketball has been adjusted by two weeks. It will no longer begin on the 16th, but instead the 29th after school.
A new practice/game calendar has been posted. Thank you
Refer to Calendar Tab for more information.
- Players need to be dressed and ready by the time practice is scheduled to start, whether that is early or late practice.
- Please refer to the calendar to find out when your team has practice each day.
- IF you student-athlete is unable to attend a practice please have them inform the coach. You may also email us directly to inform us of any conflicts.
- Hillside is a student first, athlete second school. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our student-athletes are performing in the classroom as well as on the court. Therefore, we will be conducting weekly grade checks.
- Students with a D will still be allowed to practice and play in the weekly games.
- However, coaches will be talking with the student to ensure the grade goes up.
- Students with an F will NOT be allowed to play, but still may attend practices and the game to support their team.
- Coaches will talk with the student and help create a plan for how the grade will be improved over the course of the week.
Game Time Expectations:
- Players are dressed and ready to play 30 minutes prior to game
- No jewelry, watches, or metal hair ties/clips allowed in the game
- White t-shirts may be worn under the uniform if desired
- Players are expected to sit on the bench during the entire game
- Only team members and coaches are allowed on the bench
- No food or drinks, other than water, at the bench during the game
- Cell phones are not permitted on the bench or during your team’s game
- Players, who have finished or are waiting for their game, are representing their team, coaches, and Hillside Jr. High and are expected to conduct themselves accordingly…
- When one team is playing, the other team is to sit in the stands and cheer for the team on the floor or work on school work
- Players are expected to use good sportsmanship at all times
- Players are not permitted to leave the gym area without a teammate and permission from their coach (away games)