BLUE MOUNTAIN VIRTUAL ACADEMY PROGRAM
A SUPERIOR ONLINE LEARNING EXPERIENCE
The Blue Mountain School District recognizes that every student has a distinct learning style and online learning may be the best fit for a student to find success. Via a partnership with Virtual Learning Network and Edmentum, Blue Mountain Virtual Academy offers flexibility paired with comprehensive supports to ensure students are equipped to achieve their educational goals. In addition, Blue Mountain Virtual Academy students benefit from being a member of the Blue Mountain School District community and its wide variety of opportunities.
Blue Mountain Virtual Academy students benefit from the flexibility of an online learning program and the unique opportunities provided by the school district.
• Graduates earn a Blue Mountain School District diploma
• Students are provided flexibility, a high quality curriculum and teacher support, tuition-free
• Students have full access to district resources and facilities, including district personnel, libraries and athletic facilities
• Students may enroll in Schuylkill Technology center
• Students complete standardized tests at Blue Mountain School District
• Students may participate in school-sponsored activities, clubs, sports, field trips, and social events, such as school dances
• Opportunity for Dual Enrollment in which students can earn college credits while in high school
• Students receive individualized guidance and support from a district liaison
Our online teaming program provides an integrated, team-based system of support.
Students learn from online multimedia lessons designed to accommodate a variety of schedules. Teachers are available in both the morning and afternoon to offer individualized support and to augment the recorded lessons. Key features of the program include:
• Dedicated homeroom teacher conducts a daily, synchronous session
• Special Education support for students with IEPs and 504 Plans
• 1:1 support from content area teachers via Office Hours
• Asynchronous lessons available 24/7 to provide scheduling flexibility
• 72-hour grading turn-around
• Constructive feedback on graded assignments
• Weekly session to review performance with homeroom teacher
• Progress indicator showing percentage of completed work at a glance
Parental support is critical to student success. Our program offers parents tools to easily monitor their student's attendance and academic progress.
• Attendance tracking
• Weekly performance reports
• Robust parent portal, which includes a program calendar and pertinent announcements, work submission log, teacher feedback, activity report, and weekly progress indicator
• Online, real-time gradebook access
• Streamlined Point-of-contact (homeroom teacher)
• Ongoing school district support
Blue Mountain Virtual Academy students receive a technology bundle, which includes a notebook computer, multi-function printer/scanner, additional hardware and software, and textbooks to supplement their online coursework.
• School District-based technical support
• Convenient access to Technical Support via phone, email, and a remote chat-based system
WHY CHOOSE VIRTUAL ACADEMY OVER OTHER CYBER CHARTER SCHOOLS?
Ask our families:
DO YOU PAY TAXES IN THE BLUE MOUNTAIN SCHOOL DISTRICT?
IS YOUR CYBER SCHOOL FUTURE READY?