Forest Middle School Athletics
Tuesday, Feb 25:
Boys Soccer - JV Tryouts 6:15-8:15 on the JF Field
Girls Soccer - JV Tryouts 4:00-6:00 on the JF Field
Softball - JV & B Team 4:00-6:00 on the field
JV Boys Lacrosse - JV Tryouts 4:15-6:00 at TJES (bus 79 will take you to TJ). IF IT RAINS JV will stay the same and practice on the upper field at TJES.
Football weightlifting has been cancelled for this week and next week due to the 10 day dead period.
Baseball - conditioning today and Thursday 6:00-7:30
Pre-Season & Tryout Info(A VHSL physical is required to participate in any activity. B Team sports are open to 7th & 8th grade students)
- Team run: Feb 21 on the JF track at 5:45 pm
- JV and Varsity: Feb. 24 4:00-6:15; Feb 25 6:15-8:15; Feb 26 7:15-8:15 tryouts/cuts on the JF Field
- B Team: Feb 27 & 28 from 4:00-6:00 pm at Forest Elementary; Feb 29 at JF 12:00-2:00 pm
- Conditioning 4:00-6:00 on the field at JF (Tues/Thurs) beginning Feb. 18.
- Parent meeting will be held Wednesday, Feb 19 in the JF Library at 7:00 pm.
- JV & Varsity (8th-12th grade): Monday Feb 24 from 7:00-8:30 pm; Tuesday-Wednesday 4:00-6:00 pm on the JF field.
- B Team (7th & 8th grade): Thursday Feb 27 - Friday Feb 28 from 4:00-6:00 pm on the Forest Elementary field.
- Conditioning will be held every Tuesday and Thursday until tryouts at the baseball field in the indoor cages at 6:00 pm. If you have any questions please feel free to email Coach Mace: email@example.com
- March 2-4 from 6:00-8:00 pm. Players need to bring all necessary equipment, sneakers, and cleats.
- Conditioning will be held on Tuesdays at 6:00pm in the JF weight room
- Feb 24 from 4:00-6:00 pm, more info will be available at tryouts.
- Weight lifting 4:00-5:00 in the JF weight room (Tues/Thurs) - CANCELLED Feb 25-Mar 5 due to the 10 day dead period.
For the Athlete:
B Team sports are open to all 7th and 8th grade FMS students. In order to participate in athletic activities such as open gyms, conditioning, and try outs you must have a current VHSL physical. The VHSL physical form can be found in the FMS main office or on the VHSL website by clicking the link below:
Boy's Soccer PreSeason Info
Please see the letter below from Coach Ponder. Boys may pick up a form from the gym during PE class. A VHSL physical is required in order to participate.
Seminole District games (high school): $6
B Team games: $6
Activities Director: Janelle Trosper