Bucks County Technical High School
"Inspiring every child to be a person of character"
In accordance with the American School Counselor Association’s National Standards, the Bucks County Technical High School Strategic Plan, and the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Career, Education and Work, and in cooperation with administration, staff, parents, and the community, it is the mission of the Bucks County Technical High School guidance program to promote a positive climate for student learning through Academic, Career/Technical and Personal/Social student development.
What is school Counseling?
SCHOOL COUNSELOR’S ROLE:
School counselors are vital members of the education team and maximize student success by helping all students:
• apply academic achievement strategies
• manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
• plan for postsecondary options (higher education, military, work force)
Duties include providing:
• individual student academic planning and goal setting
• school counseling classroom lessons based on student success standards
• short-term counseling to students
• referrals for long-term support
• collaboration with families/teachers/ administrators/community for student success
• advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused meetings
• data analysis to identify student issues, needs and challenges
Visit the American School Counselors Association homepage to learn more.