Bucks County Technical High School
Left: A. Ponist, K.Eby, D. Sine, L. McWilliams
Counselor Student Last Names
Kathy Eby A-E
Dave Sine F-Lid
Lisa McWilliams Lie-Rib
Angela Ponist Ric-Z
Kathy Eby Dave Sine Lisa McWilliams Angela Ponistkeby@bcths.com email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Ext. 2179 Ext. 2114 Ext. 2594 Ext. 2163
Kevin Gentilcore, Supervisor of Student Serviceskgentilcore@bcths.com 215.949-1700 ext. 2977
Amy McKeown, Administrative Assistantamckeown@bcths.com 215.949.1700 ext. 2976
"Inspiring every child to be a person of character"
In accordance with the American School Counselor Association’s National Standards, the Bucks County Technical High School Strategic Plan, and the Pennsylvania Academic Standards for Career, Education and Work, and in cooperation with administration, staff, parents, and the community, it is the mission of the Bucks County Technical High School guidance program to promote a positive climate for student learning through Academic, Career/Technical and Personal/Social student development.
What is school Counseling?
SCHOOL COUNSELOR’S ROLE:
School counselors are vital members of the education team and maximize student success Help all students:
• apply academic achievement strategies
• manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
• plan for postsecondary options (higher education, military, work force)
Duties include providing:
• individual student academic planning and goal setting
• school counseling classroom lessons based on student success standards
• short-term counseling to students
• referrals for long-term support
• collaboration with families/teachers/ administrators/community for student success
• advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused meetings
• data analysis to identify student issues, needs and challenges
Visit the American School Counselors Association homepage to learn more.