APS Professional Learning Department | Professional Learning & Conference Center
We ARE a Learning System!
Aurora Public Schools Professional Learning provides every educator with opportunities to become an even more effective agent for the success of our students.
Every educator will have the resources to obtain high-quality, professional learning designed to build professional knowledge, skills, competence, and effectiveness by utilizing the National Professional Learning Standards through Learning Forward.
Are you a new Educator to APS for the 2019-2020 school year?
Great!!! Welcome!!! We hope you have your best ever education experience with APS!
Here are some links to information that you will need:
Here is a LIST OF COURSES that we recommend for new educators.
All of us here at the Professional Learning Center look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you!!!
-- Jennifer Sheldon, Director of Professional Learning
The Professional Learning and Conference Center
15771 East 1st Avenue,
Aurora, CO 80011
Phone: 303-326-2000 ext. 28720
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F
Professional Learning Opportunities
Pre-Approved Online Professional Learning Opportunities
Based on criteria developed by the Professional Learning Department we have determined that the following organizations provide appropriate and rigorous online coursework. We do not endorse these organizations, however, their coursework meets our expectations; and therefore certificates earned through them will receive automatic approval.
Online courses provided by organizations other than those listed to the right will be subject to a vetting process and may not be approved.
If you have any other course providers you would like for us to consider adding to this list, please contact
- National Education Association: NEA professional development and micro-credentialing program http://nea.certificationbank.com/
- Colorado Department of Education: CDE Online Library http://www.cde.state.co.us/professionaldevelopment/ondemand
- edX: free online courses offered by prestigious universities from around the world https://www.edx.org/ (certificates require a nominal fee)
- COpilot: (CEA online learning site) https://ceacopilot.org/courses/146?class=262
- Google: Level 1&2 Certificate Training https://remotelearning.aurorak12.org/google-certification
- National Council for Teachers of English: NCTE Online Professional Learning http://www.ncte.org/online-learning/credit
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: NCTM Online Professional Learning https://www.nctm.org/pd/
- Digital Promise https://microcredentials.digitalpromise.org/explore