Student Advisory Board (SAB)
What is the Student Advisory Board?
Its purpose is to act as an Advisory Board to the MSBSD School Board and the primary goal will be to allow for student input into educational decisions and to voice the concerns and needs of the students.
SAB consists of student representatives from each secondary school in the district who meet monthly throughout the school year.
2019-2020 SAB Executive Board
- President: Charlotte Brown, Wasilla HS
- Vice-President: Natalie Morse, Wasilla HS
- Secretary: McKenzie Farrenkopf, Career & Tech HS
- Student Advisory Board Rep (SABR): Abigail Jensen, Wasilla HS
- Curriculum Council Rep/SABR Elect: Ryan Thomas, Career & Tech HS
- Public Relations: Dakota Booth, Wasilla HS
SAB Meeting Calendar & Bus Schedule
All meetings begin at 9am and dismiss at noon. Students should be signed out of school & waiting at front door at the bus pick-up time.
September 17 @ Career & Tech HS October 15 @ Colony Middle School November 19 @ Wasilla High School December 3 @ Birchtree Charter School
January 14 @ Redington Jr/Sr High School
February 11 @ Burchell High School
March 24 @ Wasilla Middle School
April 14 @ Palmer Jr Middle School
May 5 @ MSBSD District Office
All students are required to have a parent/guardian fill out a Student Permission Slip to participate in SAB. If a student plans to drive to meetings, they must fill out the Private Transportation Release of Liability.