Maple Grove CRC
The Maple Grove Senior High School Career Resource Center is located just inside the Media Center, and is staffed by Mike Vecellio and TBA. We invite students in to support them on their journey to explore and finalize post-high school plans. This process is different for every student, and may include career exploration, college planning, and/or connecting with the military. We also maintain a job board. We are open each day 7:10 - 2:30. Students should stop by the CRC if they would like to set up an appointment. Appointments can be made for before school, during lunch, after school and the second half of class periods. You will receive a pass during the class period indicating the time of your appointment.
SCHOOL CODE 241-489
RECRUITING EVENT FOR BOSTON SCIENTIFIC: Production Staff
Friday, June 1, 2018
9:00 – 9:30 AM
Sign up in the Career Resource Center
These jobs would be a great opportunity for students that are not 4-year college bound. Boston Scientific is looking for applicants 18+ who are looking for longer-term work. The jobs will be in the manufacturing area of the Maple Grove campus.
See Mike Vecellio for more info or with questions
· Hiring for all three shifts
· Rewarding with good pay
· After a few months, employees will be eligible for benefits and tuition reimbursement (max of $8,000/year).
· Many opportunities for advancement (some current supervisors and managers started out in production roles)
· Very flexible work schedule, so a student could work full time during the summer, and go to part time during the school year if they choose to attend school.
MGSH CAREER RESOURCE CENTER MISSION
Provide support and teach knowledge, skills and values associated with educational, career development and post-high school planning opportunities to students, parents and community members. We also serve to support our district mission of inspiring and preparing all students with the confidence, courage and competence to achieve their dreams, contribute to community and engage in a lifetime of learning.
- The student can understand skills and educational requirements for career choices.
- The student can understand the relationship between interests, abilities and career choices.
- The student can understand the relationship between career clusters, academic classes and educational requirements as they relate to future career decision making.
- The student can untilize resources for career education and post-secondary planning.
GENERAL COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER INFORMATION
- We have a vast array of library resources (books, career information, college catalogs, SAT/ACT resources)
- College visits from both local and out-of-state colleges
- College counseling presentations
- On-the-spot admissions with North Hennepin Community College (spring)
- Job board (local business contact us for employment opportunities)
- Scholarship opportunities