A CTE Career Pathway is a sequence of courses within a student's area of interest
that connects to career interests and serves as an educational roadmap leading to a credential.
Save money and time!
- Explore career options in high school rather than college
- Become more marketable to employers
- Gain valuable hands-on skills
- Strengthen college applications
- Prepare for more in-depth college courses
- Apply for CTE specific scholarships
Make connections and be involved!
- Take classes with other students with similar interests
- Join a Career and Technical Student Organization - gain experience and friendships
- Pathway Completers are recognized at a special luncheon
- Pathway Completers wear white chords at graduation
A Career Pathway consists of 3.0 credits that help a student acquire a balanced skill set in a certain area of interest. One or two of the credits are Foundation Courses and are required. The remainder are electives allowing students to choose which classes suit their needs best. Some of these classes are Concurrent Enrollment or Distance Ed classes -- so both High School and College credit will be earned.
While Utah has 50 different Pathways, each high school has a select number dependent upon courses currently being taught.
Lone Peak Pathways fall in the following seven areas of study (select each Pathway for more information):
- Agricultural Education
- Business & Marketing Education
- Family & Consumer Science Education
- Health Sciences Education
- Information Technology Education
- Skilled & Technical Education
- Technical & Engineering Education