Notices and Policies
Know your privacy rights as they apply to 1) student record information; 2) directory information; 3) surveys and other information collection; and 4) military recruitment information. For more information on your privacy rights, the laws that protect them, and how to exercise your rights, contact your school administrator or visit the official Hawaii DOE FERPA site at http://bit.ly/FERPAHI
Family and Parent Involvement Policy
Aiea Elementary follows the following policy:
- Communicating - Communication between home and school is regular, two way, and meaningful.
- Parenting - Responsible parenting is promoted and supported.
- Student Learning - Parents play an integral role in assisting student learning, including successful achievement of the Hawaii Content and Performance Standards.
- Volunteering - Parents are welcome in the school, and their support and assistance are sought.
- School Decision Making - Parents are partners in the decisions that affect children and families
- Collaborating with the Community - Community resources are made available to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student learning.
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Statement
AES and the HIDOE do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, or disability. We also do not tolerate acts of harassment on the bases of race, sex, age, color, national origin, religion, or disability. Any student who believes that he/she has been subjected to harassment based on the above is encouraged to report such. The full notice can be found here.
Contact information for our complext Equity Specialist is below for any questions or issues:
AMR Equity Specialist's information:
Christina Simpson, Equity Specialist
Civil Rights Compliance Office
Aiea-Moanalua-Radford Complex Area
Office: (808) 485-5100 x242
Cellular: (808) 797-7685
Other Board of Education Policies
- BOE Parent Policy
- 04.1a1 Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program (DOE)
- 04.1a2 About the City and County of Honolulu Storm Drain System (CC)
- 04.1a3 Protecting Water Quality from Urban Runoff (EPA)
- 04.1ab Campus Water Pollution Prevention Program and School Newsletter Article (Consolidated)
- 04.2a1 Car Washing Guidelines (CC)
- 04.2a2 Only Rain In The Drain (Maze)
- 04.2a3 Storm Water Cross Word Puzzle
- 04.2a4 Storm Water Pollution Prevention-Home and Garden
- 04.2a5 Storm Water Pollution Prevention-Auto Maintenance