Read Acoss the Rainbow
This year BEJ is announcing an exciting new reading incentive program called “Read Across the Rainbow”. The program is designed to motivate and reward students for reading a variety of books throughout the school year. This will replace the 150 Nights of Reading program.
“Read Across the Rainbow” key points:
- Every grade level will have 6 different rainbow reading cards with a variety of book choices to complete. Each student will begin with a red reading card in September.
- Students may read the books on each card in any order and choose any titles that fit the categories. The books may come from any source (library, online, school, home, etc…).
- Any book read by or to the student at home or school during the year may count.
- Each book read counts one time.
- Students will have the opportunity to complete one card per month.
- Students have a minimum of one month to complete a card, but they can take as long as they need!
- For each card a student completes, they will receive a colored book charm (red, green, orange, purple, blue, or yellow) to add to a special bookbag clip .
- Students that complete all six cards will receive a paw charm and a certificate at the end of the year.
Reading Card Months and Colors
*All cards should be turned in by May 14, 2019
Since reading is so important to a child’s success in school, we hope that you will become as excited as we are about starting this new reading adventure and encourage your child to “Read Across the Rainbow” this year.