Effective Aug. 23, 2022, Hawai’i DOE has updated its COVID-19 guidance following the expertise of local and federal public health authorities. Among the latest changes:
• Quarantine following exposure to COVID-19 in or out of school is no longer required.
• Notifications of exposure are only required if students and staff stay in the same space throughout the day.
• All COVID-19 cases at schools will continue to be reported on the Department’s dashboard (bit.ly/HIDOE-COVID-Dashboard).
• Screening testing is recommended for high-risk activities, events and following school breaks.
• For high school student-athletes, no vaccination or testing is required for participation.
• Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 or has COVID-like symptoms must isolate for five days (bit.ly/DOH-Isolation-Exposure-Guidance), regardless of vaccination status.
• Wearing a well-fitting mask indoors is strongly encouraged when the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention determines community levels are medium or high (bit.ly/CDC-CommunityLevels); for ten days following exposure to someone with COVID-19; and on days six to ten after completing isolation.
Questions: Please call our WMS Health Aide: (808) 313-7503.