In order to enroll, there are several forms that we require both for enrollment and for course placement purposes (Student Information Sheet, Home Language Survey, Medical Update/Over the Counter Prescription Form). Below is a list of the documentation required for enrollment and placement. Your guidance counselor and the guidance secretary will work with you to move through this process.

Documents Required for Enrollment:

  • Proof of Residency or documentation that student is homeless
    • 2 Forms- utility bill, phone bill (not cell phone) etc.
    • For families living in a property that they do not own or rent, a notarized letter from the landlord stating that s/he is aware the student is living in the property is also required.
  • Birth Certificate
  • Transcript and School Records (attendance and discipline) from previous school
  • Health Records (current physical and up-to-date immunizations)
  • Proof of Guardianship
  • Special Education Documents (if applicable)

In the meeting with your guidance counselor, you will go through the process of reviewing the above documents and enrolling in Watertown High School. Students who are in the process of learning English may also require English language and Math testing for placement purposes.

Should you wish to enroll in Honors level classes, the following documents are required. After reviewing the documents provided, the department coordinators will determine an appropriate course level placement. If your request for an Honors placement is denied, the department coordinator will be in touch with you. Once courses have been selected, your schedule will be finalized and you will be ready to start at Watertown High School!

Documents Required for Placement in Honors Level Courses:

  • Written, graded papers for English and Social Studies
  • Graded exams for Math, Science and Foreign Language
  • Brief recommendation from teacher or counselor
  • Placement exam at Watertown High School for Grade 9 Honors Physics