Welcome to the JD Math Department!
JD Summer Math Program
To complement the summer reading program, the JD Math department has implemented a summer math program. We want all students to be successful in math, and a key component of success is preparation. We want students ready to start school August 17 with the necessary prerequisites in place. With this goal in mind, all students registered for a math course at JDCHS for academic year 2020-2021 are required to complete summer assignments using the web-based math software ALEKS.
- All returning JD students should already have active ALEKS accounts and be able to login and access their summer course work.
- Students new to JD (and their parents) have been mailed their school Gmail address (@sccstudents.org) and Google account information. This information has also been emailed to parents. Your math teacher will then email your ALEKS login credentials. Please check your SCC Gmail weekly during the summer for updates and important information regarding summer math work and reading assignments.
We are here to support you! If you have any questions, please email Ms Sawyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Once you receive your login credentials for ALEKS:
1. Use any browser that supports ALEKS and go to www.aleks.com
2. Use your login credentials to get in. You will be directed right to your course.
3. Complete the short tutorial on how to enter answers in ALEKS.
4. Take the initial assessment. Do your best! The better you do on this assessment, the less work you have to do over the summer!
5. Complete the objectives as directed.
"Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe." - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)