- Allow plenty of time for driving, parking, checking in, chatting with peers, and morning coffee, tea, and snacks. We expect over 1000 educators. Carpool, if possible.
- Check-in - Most attendees will check-in by giving their name to one of the white-shirt volunteers at the entrance. You do not need your ticket from Eventbrite, but if you have it, they can scan it. Volunteers check-in at the Volunteer Table. If your name cannot be found, you will go to the Special Circumstances Table. There is also a Speaker Info Table & a Volunteers Table, next to Special Circumstances.
- Next look for the name tag station. There you can decorate your name tag and get a Day At a Glance brochure (but for the most up to date schedule info, as well as speaker info, check our online SCHED).
Preparing for SDCUE 2016
Bring a laptop or tablet or/and smartphone to engage with web links shared by presenters, and to refer to SCHED for program updates.
Look through the sessions ahead of time. Plan ahead - some workshops may say BYOD (Bring Your Own Device).
Wear comfortable shoes. Dress in layers.
Know your Twitter access information so you can tweet using the #SDCUE hashtag during the event.
First time to a SDCUE Tech Fair?: Attend our 15 minute first timer event in the Student Center from 8:00-8:15.
Don't Forget to Check Out
- The Playground - our Maker Space and Social Media Lounge in the Media Center from 7:30-2. Come try out some new educational technologies and learn about social media in education.
- SCHED - schedule updates, presenter resources.
- Campus Map (Complete Map Google)
- 1 Maverick Way, Carlsbad, CA 92009