Leander High School Choir 2018-2019
Congratulations to these students!
They earned their letter jackets!
Cesar Contreras Munoz
March 4th: Legacy Leaders Meeting
- After school until 4:30 pm in choir room
March 4th: Booster Club meeting and Mandatory Trip meeting for Waco/Dallas
- 6:30 pm in the Choir Room
March 13th: Letter Jacket Fittings in the Choir Room
- 7:30 AM in the choir room
March 14th and 15th: Trip to Waco/Dallas
March 30th: Show Choir Field Trip to Capital City
- First 40 students to sign up can attend.
- Meet at LHS at 1:30 pm in the front to load the bus
- Travel to Rouse High School and watch show choirs starting at 2 pm.
- Return to LHS at 11 pm
April 1st: Pre-UIL Concert
- after school at 4:15 pm
- Teacher Appreciation Concert
- Will be live streamed
April 11th: Solo and Small Group Auditions
- Fill out the application form in google classroom by April 10th at 4 pm.
- Arrive performance ready to the choir room by 4 pm on April 11th.
April 15th and 16th: Concert Choir UIL
April 18th: UIL Celebration
- All students who attended UIL are welcome to a UIL celebration including a bouncy house, desserts, and games.
- In the rubber gym
- After school until 5:30 pm
May 17th: Legendary Ladies Concert
- Students wear choir t-shirts to school
- Meet in the PAC by 3:55 pm
- Concert starts at 7 pm in Don Tew PAC
- Free and open to the public
May 21st: Spring Party & Banquet
- 5:30 - 7:30 pm in the cafeteria.
Are you looking for mental health resources? The LHS counseling staff has created a great resource. Please check the link below:
Fine Arts Education: One of the best things to happen in Texas public education is the requirement that every student in high school must complete a TEKS-based course in order to graduate, and that every student in middle school is required to complete a TEKS-based course. Arts Education is not a frill; rather, it is beneficial to every student and helps teachers reach students across a broad spectrum of learning styles. For more information about the positive impact that Fine Arts education has on students, and to become more knowledgeable about legislative actions that could impact fine arts program in Texas, I invite you to join GoArts.org. By registering at the site, you can help educate our state’s decision makers about the importance of Fine Arts education. There’s no charge for joining, and GoArts.org does not share email addresses with any other organization.