Here are some ideas for potential projects that have recently come up. We will be adding to this list as ideas come up. Please contact Ms. Haines-Swatek (firstname.lastname@example.org) for contact info.
- mauihuliaufoundation.org is currently accepting applications for their leadership council. Plan environmental service and leadership projects for grades 7-12. Click link for more details
- Kalama Bathroom Project- "I propose that Kekaulike Seniors return to Kalama and do bathroom artwork which delivers positive messages to our students. As we know, middle school is a very difficult time for adolescents and we teachers find many students hiding in the bathrooms. I feel that if we created bathroom doors with positive messages, students may feel a boost in self esteem. Allowing Kekaulike seniors to do this art piece is much more meaningful than having professionals come in and paint, because the majority of Kekaulike graduates were once Kalama students, used these bathrooms, and maybe even hid in them at some time." Picture here.
- Makawao School and Haiku School STEM Nights - organize STEM activities for elementary students and parents.
- Makawao School is looking for help with Cross Country team, starts ASAP.
- Haiku Elementary is starting a RAP (Read Aloud Program) and is looking for a senior willing to organize the volunteers needed to run the program. First night is August 30th so you would need to start right away.
- We dine together- start a KKHS club to create a positive social atmosphere on campus. Check out their website https://www.wedinetogether.org/ and see Ms. Frerking for more info.