Workforce-Capitalizing on our Human Assets
Texas Comptroller Workforce Report 2014-2015
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION SPECIALIST:
- Provides professional development activities and technical assistance to local school district personnel in the area of career and technical education.
- Supports in developing and implementing the annual application for federal basic grant funds.
- Communicates and supports networking among local school districts, the Work Force Development board, School-to-Career/Tech Prep/Colleges and Universities, and TEA
- Maintains and disseminates the goals and objectives of the annual application.
- Service also includes career programs of study for students, and working with employers in implementing work-based learning experiences.
- Technical Assistance is provided to school districts in the region prior to TEA district effectiveness and compliance (DEC) and/or accountability on-site visits.
- Leadership is provided that stresses academic and career and technical education integration and applied learning strategies.
Vicki Hayhurst-CTE Specialist
Office phone: 325-675-8669
Region XIV Education Service Center
1850 Hwy 351
Abilene, TX 79602
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CALENDAR BELOW