Information on Grants

Crossover Sound Waves Family Grant Access

How Do I Get a Grant for Someone through Crossover Sound Waves?

Our niche in homeless services continuum is to prevent homelessness, or help with rapid rehousing efforts. We primarily work with families. The Crossover Sound Waves Housing Grant is a resource provided by Crossover Sound Waves Inc. for families who are actively participating in a church or charitable nonprofit recognized by Crossover Sound Waves Inc. These are small grants for general assistance related to housing needs for low income families. Regular access is for non-urgent access of a grant to get into, or sustain housing. The maximum grant amount is $500, if funding is available. The amount granted is dependent upon the amount of available funds. The fund will be used for more urgent and specific needs (i.e. utility assistance, car repair, etc). The fund needs to be requested by staff from approved agencies, as they are the conduits for access. Staff from approved agencies will request these funds on behalf of the family/individual they are working with by utilizing the following procedure:

  • Agency staff can access the Fund on behalf of their client. If you have questions, call or email Crossover Sound Wave (CSW). A phone call to 831-216-8280 can get the ball rolling.

  • It's recommended other community resources be accessed and documented on our forms for the presenting need before requesting funds through CSW.

  • Forms are available below to the staff from the requesting agency.

  • Requesting staff will indicate whether this is an emergency request, which will involve a shorter turnaround time, or if the request can wait for the regular processing time of about a week.

  • An invoice, bill or other documentation will accompany the request for funds and will be submitted by agency staff to our representative for processing and records.

  • The CSW representative can authorize requests up to $500 (based on available resources); all higher amounts will need the approval from the CSW board.

  • As a general rule, checks will be made out to the company, organization or entity that the client needs to pay, and not directly to the client.

  • The check will generally be mailed to the program, organization or entity requesting payment from the client. Emergency requests will generally be delivered to the party that needs to be paid on behalf of the family . The phone number for CSW Housing Micro-Grants is 831-216-8280. Our fax number is 831-335-8395.

In the past we have helped single moms with financial shortfalls that threatened their housing. We've help single working moms get cars repaired, helped cover rent and other unexpected bills that put housing for these families at risk. We have no paid staff at this point, so the money goes directly to the need. Please consider a tax deductible donation to Crossover Sound Waves Inc. to help families with housing needs.

Here's the address:

Crossover Sound Waves Inc.

PO Box 442

Mount Hermon, CA 95041

Or, donate here:


James Jurado

President of Crossover Sound Waves Inc.

If you have any problems with the forms, call 831-216-8289 or email