The internship is one of the most memorable components in the Academy experience! It is also one of the most rewarding since you will apply, in a real world setting, what you’ve learned in Academy classes. This internship is not just a summer job. It is an extension of the Academy classroom and curriculum that will challenge you with an enriching educational experience.
There is a team of people who support this internship and help to make it successful.
- Academy Instructors - teachers who guide you through the course
- Academy Director - oversees and supervises all aspects of the Internship program
- Workplace Supervisor - your boss at the workplace who manages your day-to-day activities and your reviews
- Parents - ensure transportation to and from internship site
Benefits of an Academy Internship
- Apply the skills and information learned in the IT curriculum - both technical and interpersonal
- Learn the importance of good attendance, punctuality, and efficiency
- Gain references for college applications
- Make contacts for future jobs
- Earn 1 unit of course credit
- Utilize temporary employees during critical periods
- Select from knowledgeable students
- Recruit future employees
- Contribute to public school education
- Help create a motivated, educated workforce
- Interested in discussing possible internships further?
- Complete our Internship Partner Application.
The Ideal Internship
- Offers you opportunities to learn about many aspects of the business
- Enhances the work experience with professional development seminars or meetings
- Utilizes skills learned at school
- Excellent attendance and punctuality for this school year
- Minimum of B in your IT classes (You must have taken at least two IT classes)
- Submission of an acceptable resume
- Availability for a minimum of 6 consecutive weeks during the summer
- Reliable transportation to and from the work site
- Social Security Card or Green Card
- Appropriate business attire and grooming for the workplace
- An email account that you regularly check
- Lasts 6-8 weeks
- Provides you with a workplace supervisor who will guide you through the work experience